Disability and Access Statement
The Ultimate Picture Palace is committed to making our website accessible. The website was built in 2021 and is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
This means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts via browser or plug in
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet (https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/) has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
- The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Some videos lack captions, so the information in them isn’t available to people using a screen reader. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). When we publish new film content we will ensure there are captions, subtitles or transcripts added.
- We plan to add text alternatives to all images going forward. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
- Some audio lacks transcriptions. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of audio meets accessibility standards.
- There’s no alt text on some our images. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (Non-text Content)
When choosing new suppliers and agencies we will ensure all new tools will be compliant.
You may find PDFs and Word documents on the site that don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2.
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents. We are working to create accessible HTML pages instead of uploading documents going forward.
The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, please contact us:
Call: +44 (0)1865 245288
We’ll look into your request and get back to you within 7 days.
Reporting website accessibility issues
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com
The Ultimate Picture Palace is fully accessible for visitors and we are committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive space for all. To find out more about the access provision in our building, please visit: [LINK TO ACCESS PAGE]
How we tested this website
This website was last tested in November 2021 by Herd.